PATHWAYS Through Eureka High School
Eureka High School provides the greatest depth and breadth in curricular offerings of any high school in northern California. A review of this course newspaper will demonstrate that we have:
- 80 academic course offerings in English, Math, Science, Social Science and World Language (Spanish and German) in addition to 8 Advanced Placement offerings
- 40 vocational course offerings in Computer and Business Science, Consumer & Home Economics, Agriculture, and Industrial Education (woods, metals, auto, computer assisted drafting)
- 13 Performing Arts courses including Theater Arts, Bands, Orchestra and vocal music
- 20 Visual and Media Arts courses in areas such as drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, photography, audio and video production.
- 15 physical education and general elective courses such as Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (NJROTC), Athletic Training, Student Leadership classes, Project EAST, and Becoming a Teacher.
We offer several interest pathways for students to follow through Eureka High School, providing a series of focused courses in a selected area of interest over their four-year high school career. Each pathway will offer the student a unique experience through job shadowing, an internship or work experience, and/or a Senior Project. The purpose of these PATHWAY models is to provide the student a guide through our vast course offerings while providing for unique connections for students and staff.
(Note: A senior project is required to complete any of the pathways)